Thursday, November 27, 2008

Shower in a paint bucket

I am out camping with my parents. They have a camper that if we use the couch and dinette area could sleep six. So we are out here in the hill country and enjoying the cool weather for Thanksgiving.
Then comes the frightsome time when you are camping. Getting cleaned up for the day. Yes, I mean taking a shower in the camper.
First of all, the whole bathroom feels like it is 3' X 4'. And I am being generous. Then we come to the tub/shower area. The tub is maybe 18" X 3'. The tub is about a 4" elevation, so you step over the side of the tub and you are in the shower. And you better make sure the water tempeture is how you like it before you get in. Because you can't really adjust the temp. from inside the tub. Unless you are extremely flexible. As you turn to face the shower head it is almost to your shoulder, attached to a short tube. Once I tangled with the showerhead I had most of me cleaned and a good rinse job for the rest of the bathroom area. I guess tomorrow I will try to wrestle the showerhead again and try to clean the rest of me.

No comments: