Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's All About..........

I have been talking to this lady at work about Christ. For two years I have been talking to her. Showing her in the Bible that we are sinners, that Christ came and died on the cross and rose again. The area I had the most trouble trying to explain to her was that I know that I know when I die, I will go to heaven. I told her about a conversation my brother, mother and I had several years ago, when my brother said if anything ever happened to him, we would know where he was. I still cry over him dying, but I would never wish him to come back to earth after seeing Jesus face to face. She has doubts about knowing this in your heart before you die. At one point she stated that you don't know all the sins some people have done. So you don't know if they will go to heaven.

We work in the jail. I used the example of the thief on the cross. I used the example of the lady that the state of Texas executed for murder. That there is no sin to big that Jesus can't wash away with His blood.

Well, two weeks ago she and her son came to Wednesday night services. And praise the Lord she and her son came back tonight and she brought her boyfriend. I have talked to him about coming to church for well over five years.

Her son loves AWANA and she and her boyfriend said that it was a really good message tonight.

Maybe I am in the Spirit of Christmas after all.

1 comment:

sigraber said...

Jet...Good for you. What a time of year to get a confirmation like that...one that tells you "you are doing the right thing." Never give up! I've been praying for my family for YEARS. One day, they too will know Jesus. I've missed seeing you...hope you have a wonderful Christmas...wherever you are. :) Love you!