Friday, December 12, 2008

Yes!

On my first official day of feeling like I am alive again, I finished my Christmas shopping. I have to motivate myself now to wrap everything. Well, wrap everything that is at my house. I have two items that are to be delivered to Wal-mart on the 24th.

I remember in days past, my goal was to have everything purchased and wrapped by Thanksgiving. It is not because I don't know the true meaning of this season. I am joyful. I am blessed. I am Gods inheritance and He is mine. I am just having trouble being overly thrilled during this season.

I wonder why I am feeling this way? Is it because I am older? Is it because I can literally see the faithlessness of those around me? Does their faithlessness have an overt effect or affect on my being?

I struggle with my view point, that everyone goes out of their way to celebrate during this time of the year. I struggle with my view point, that we or I, don't do more celebrating during the Easter time of the year. I mean, Christ dying on the cross for my sin, should be my primary reason for existence. Would we really be celebrating Christmas if God had not already known that His Son was fulfilling the law?

Although I struggle with my lack of happiness, I will try to let others know that the greatest gift they can receve is Jesus. And that God loved us so much that He sent his beloved Son, so that I and everyone else can believe in Him and have everlasting life.Because that is the true meaning of Christmas.

2 comments:

sigraber said...

Jet...I find myself in your attitude. I too fight the rollercoaster this time of year. I just received a Christmas Card today and I would like to share it with you. I think it is a perfect response to your blog:

This Christmas...
Let's Give a Little Jesus, a thoughtful word or deed,
An act of generosity for someone who's in need.

Let's Give a Little Jesus to everyone we meet-
The salesclerk or the server, the person on the street.

Let's Give a Little Jesus, that's what really counts-
Not what's spent or bought, for whom, in what amounts.

Let's Give a Little Jesus to everyone, large or small...
For Jesus, the Messiah, is the Greatest Gift of all!

It was signed: Sending you blessing with Hope.

I thought it was beautiful...definitely a keeper.

sigraber said...

Oh, BTW...my children would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help you with the wrapping. Not perfect, but actually, not too bad. :)