Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My favorite

One thing I really enjoy about this time of the year is college basketball. More specifically, Kentucky Wildcat basketball.



You might be asking yourself why I enjoy this. Well, my grandfather was a big fan of Kentucky basketball. I remember being at my grandparents home and having to have dinner over with by game time. I remember granddaddy having to sit extremely close the TV so he could see some of the action.

I also knew not to call during a game. Now, sometimes I would call during half time with the understanding the call was over when the game horn sounded. And if it was a really good or close game, I would call after the game was over. Or I would call when there was less than ten seconds left in the game.



If Coach Rick Pitino or Coach Tubby Smith had ever needed any comments for improvements in the game ,they should have called my granddaddy.


A few weeks ago, after an evening church service, I told the preacher I really enjoyed his Coach Tubby Smith shirt. He is originally from LSU country and had no idea what I was referring to.

1 comment:

UL Cards Fan said...

Hi!
I found you on the Siesta Fiesta blog and had to write when I saw Bardwell. I am from Louisville but went to UK because UL did not have a college of Nursing at the time. In the mid 70's I dated Bill Payne who was from Bardwell and have visited that town. We met through the Wesley Foundation at UK. Small world isn't it?
Linda Peel